The town of Iola boomed in 1835 on the heals of a Supreme Court ruling regarding Apalachicola lands and the founding of St. Joseph. By 1841 the yellow fever had hit which was followed by a hurricane leading to the destruction of the entire town by 1842. Most notes known on this town are proofs from the American Bank Note Company.
Bank of Columbus
Phoenix Bank of Columbus
Planters & Mechanics Bank of Columbus, Geo.
- Browse Videos of Florida’s Historical Towns and Banks
- Florida Currency Museum Open Showcasing The William Youngerman Collection
- State of Florida Civil War Currency
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mr. and Mrs. Youngerman attend the inagural “The Value of Money” exhibit
Notes & Currency
- 18__ Fernandina $3 Obsolete Note
- 1882 $50 Jacksonville Note Charter #3869
- 1902 $10 Punta Gorda Note Charter #10512
- 1882 $5 Palatka Note Charter #3223
- 1902 $5 Key West Note Charter #7942